Frequently Asked Questions
When there is no corona Hackatrain equals a hackathon on a train, transport to Europe’s coolest technology festivals and a community of young tech talents and innovative brands. Our mission is to connect young tech-minded talents, aged 18 – 35 years, to innovative companies with the aim to help taking their business to the next level.
In times of corona you need to be creative, so this year we decided doing things differently. For more information about our risk-adjusted approach click here.
Hackatrain is happening from September 29 to October 2, 2020 and will this year take place at Landal Waterparc Veluwemeer in Biddinghuizen (The Netherlands).
All precautions around COVID-19 we take are in compliance with the health and safety regulations of the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM) so that everyone can safely participate in the event.
Some of the measures we are taken are:
– We ask everyone who is selected to particpate in Hackatrain 2020 to not attend if they have symptoms of, a positive test for, or were recently exposed (within 14 days) to COVID-19. On top of that we also need a written statement from our participants at 24-hours prior to the event that they are in good health.
– We ask everyone who is participating in Hackatrain 2020 to stay 1.5 metres away from each other;
– We will conduct a health check (e.g. temperature screening) at the registration desk of Hackatrain 2020. On this basis, it is possible that you may be denied access;
– We will hand out face masks upon entering at the registration desk of Hackatrain 2020;
– We make sure that you will be staying in a 10, 12 or 16 person villa with a maximum of 5 participants. This does not apply to the 22 person villa’s of our partners in which will be stayed with a maximum of 5 participants plus stand crew (2 persons);
– We make sure that each participant will have their own bedroom;
– Each villa has multiple sanitary facilities. We ask participants who will be staying together in one villa to disinfect the toilet and bathroom after every use. We will provide desinfectant;
– We make sure that in every villa is enough soap and anti bacterial hand gel available;
– All group activities will be organized outdoors. Again, we abide to the 1.5 meter distance rule;
– Last but not least, we follow the advice of the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM) and we abide the rules from the Dutch government and ask everyone who is participating in Hackatrain 2020 to do the same. See also: www.rijksoverheid.nl/coronavirus;
Hackatrain is organized by By Whyte, an Amsterdam-based event production company and creative agency with innovation and creativity at its core.
Hackatrain is an exclusive event for a select group of young professionals and students selected by our sponsors.
To boost your chance, send us your motivation and CV.
You will informed to whom your motivation and CV will be sent to.
Invitations will be send out after our sponsors have made the selection. Priority will be given on date of pre registration, so submit your registration soon.
Yes! You can also win tickets via our partners. They will give away some tickets. For more information, please follow us on Facebook and stay tuned.
Hackatrain 2020 consists of one (or more) challenge(s) presented by ProRail. The main topic is ‘Smart Mobility’.
Hackatrain 2020 is a AI and IoT focused hackathon, but will not be limited to those techniques.
Be patient. We have prepared an exciting challenge, but you need to wait a little longer to hear it. The challenge will be presented at the beginning of the event, so that everyone can work under the same conditions. Fair and square.
You don’t have to, but reading about smart mobility, The Internet of Things (IoT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) would help to get started.
You! By default, each coder owns her lines of code, that’s copyright. We will encourage you to put your work in GPL, MIT, CC or other open source licenses, but that’s your call.
We will be using the GigaNet, the powerful network of VodafoneZiggo.
Sure thing! Participating teams (5-persons) will be staying in a 10, 12 or 16 person cottage at Landal Waterparc Veluwemeer. Every person will have their own bedroom.
The grand prize winning team will receive € 2500,- distributed evenly across team memberes.
Landal Waterparc Veluwemeer can be reached by car and public transport. Please check www.9292.nl for more information regarding your public transport journey.